Elena Jane “Ellie” Goulding is an English singer-songwriter. Ellie possesses a unique soprano voice, with a breathy, gravelly tone. Not to mention, her piercing vibratos that have really captured the attention of music lovers around the world. Her unique voice and the imperfections, just evoke emotion like no other. Her debut album Lights was released in March 2010, which became number one on the UK Albums Charts. By June 2012, her album has sold over 1.6 million copies worldwide. The radios have been playing her songs, “Burn”, “I Need Your Love” and “How Long Will I Love You”, non-stop and her songs have been the subject of the best mixes these past couple years. Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Ellie Goulding:
- Ellie is an avid runner and aims to run 6 miles per day. She even invited fans to run with her, across the US and UK during her tour.
- She dated Skrillex in 2012, Ed Sheeran (briefly) in 2013 and is now dating Dougie Poynter from the band, McFly.
- She started to learn the clarinet at 9 and the guitar at 14.
- She is ambidextrous.
- Ellie has never seen a Stars Wars or Lord of the Rings film.
- She is a natural brunette.
- She sang “Your Song” for Kate and William (for their first dance) at their British Royal Wedding.
- Ellie Goulding used to be very self-conscious: she thought she was fat, didn’t like her figure and felt she had a big nose.
- She started working as a hairdresser at the age of 12.
- Her favourite places to shop are Top Shop, Urban Outfitters and Whistles in the UK. She also loves Alexander Wang.
What is your favourite Ellie Goulding song?
Republished by Blog Post Promoter