The internet is littered with lists and ideas for DIY T-shirts, cleaners, and home decor. Well, now you can add more ideas you have to try out to your own list: DIY beauty products!
It’s not a surprise that while we may love our store-bought scrubs, palettes, and removers, some products have some less-than-ideal chemicals in them. With these DIY products, made from natural ingredients, you can look good and know your beauty products are good too! Use them for yourself or try them out at your next girls’ night in, we guarantee making it is just as fun as using it!
1. Extra-Virgin Olive and Canola Oil Eye Makeup Remover
- Mix 2 tablespoons of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture, swipe it across your eye, and rinse the area off with cool water.
Who knew it would only take two ingredients to fight that waterproof mascara?
2. Honey and Sugar Lip Scrub
All you need is a small lip-balm-sized container, 1 tsp. of sugar and a 1/4 tsp. of honey. (If you want to add more, just make sure to maintain a 4:1 sugar-honey ratio.)
- Put the sugar and honey in the container.
- Stir until the sugar is completely covered by the honey.
See? It really is as easy as 1-2-3. Use it once every 2 to 3 days.
3. Strawberry and Salt Foot Scrub
- Place the sea salt in a bowl, pouring the olive oil over top.
- Chop up the strawberries (remember to remove the leaves!) and slice them into small pieces.
- Add the strawberries to the salt-oil mixture, and mash and mix until you get a chunk scrub.
- Spread ’em on your feet and show them some love.
And if you really love it, try the scrub on your legs, arms, body, wherever!
4. Peppermint and Coconut Oil Lip Plumper
Most, if not all of us, want full, plump lips. And all you need to get them are two things: some peppermint oil and coconut oil. Just mix a bit of both liquids in one bowl then dab the mixture onto your lips. In just a couple of minutes your DIY lip plumper will do its job and you’re a step closer to looking like Angelina Jolie!
5. Lemon and Vinegar Nail Polish Remover
Run out of acetone right when you messed up that one nail on your right hand? Don’t sweat it (or break a nail over it)! This DIY nail polish remover is a simple fix for your messy mistakes. Add equal amounts of lemon juice and equal amounts of vinegar into a bowl. Dip a cotton swab in, press it to your nail for 10 to 15 seconds, then use a cotton ball to swipe it all off. Presto! Crisis averted.
6. Cinnamon and Nutmeg and Cocoa Bronzer
Want to add a sun-kissed glow to your face? This DIY bronzer will do just the trick! Combine ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, cocoa powder, and cornstarch in a sealable container/empty compact. Depending on your skin tone, play around with the amounts to get a shade you’re happy with.
Which one of these DIY products are you going to try out?
Republished by Blog Post Promoter