Tis the season for long nights in the summer air, cruising windows down with the perfect playlist, and icy-cold drinks! The pumpkin spiced latte was the drink of Autumn, but it’s time to put away the open knit sweaters, throw on a cropped tank and grab the epitome of sex in a cup. Iced mother-effin coffee. Iced coffee is virtually an accessory in itself that goes with anything and everything. TBT when you were strutting down the halls of your high school, huge buggy sunglasses on with your dad’s Mercedes keys dangling in hand and the mammoth cup of iced coffee you grabbed on your spare. You were the 16-year-old essence of fabulous. Talk about pre-teen Valley girl Clueless chic. It’s almost empowering yknow?
A girl should never EVER be thirsty. And I mean never. The arctic-chilled refreshing dessert-in-a-cup quenches summer thirst while keeping calories low. You’re drinking the calorie-intake of maybe a squirt of simple syrup and 3 teaspoons of skimmed milk PLUS the true fact that this drink keeps you full for hours, you’ll be rocking your hot summer bod in no time.
5 Scientific Reasons You Should Have Your Coffee Iced
- When coffee is brewed cold, it has less acid (around 69% less!) so it’s better for your stomach and teeth
- Cold-brewed coffee retains many of the antioxidants within the bean and allows the natural earthy and tropical flavors to shine through
- Depending on how you have it, iced coffee has 0 carbs and is fat-free
- Starbucks black on the rocks has only 5 calories per 16 ounce serving
- Iced coffee prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria so you’ll be strutting down the streets fresh to death
- Avid coffee drinkers are less likely to suffer from depression so get your buzz on!
Whether you want to splurge on a Venti from Starbucks or be thrifty and take full use of McDonald’s Summer dollar drink days, pick up a tall glass of iced coffee that flawlessly compliments the summer adventures that the swimmingly cool nights and tropical warm days have to bring.
Tell us: Do you prefer your coffee hot or iced? Have you grabbed an iced coffee yet this Summer?
Republished by Blog Post Promoter