DIY’s are a decorator’s best friend as they don’t cost much compared to purchasing something already pre-made at a store. It can also be a fun activity to do with your friends or family. Although this may not be a quick 30 minute do-it-yourself type of activity, it has great functionality. The tassel garland is great when used as decorations for a birthday party and can be reused afterwards to spruce up an empty wall in your house. It’s also extremely customizable in the sense that you can make it any length, color and size. If you’re feeling a long strand of short puffy turquoise tassels then go for it! But if you want something shorter in length to string across the front of your desk then you can do that too!
Are you ready to get crafting? You’re only going to need three different items to make the tassels, so keep reading to find out exactly how to make this neat garland!
Here’s a step-by-step pictoral depicting how to make your own tassel garland. Once you’ve completed your tassel garland make sure to upload a picture into the comments below and show us your final result! We love seeing the DIY’s that our readers complete!
- Place a sheet of tissue paper down in a landscape rotation and fold it in half.
- Fold the sheet of tissue paper in half again in the same direction.
- Fold the sheet of tissue paper in half upwards in the opposite direction and then reopen the sheet so that the fold is exposed.
- Cut slits down the tissue paper of about 1cm wide until you reach the centre of the fold. Make sure to stay at least 1inch away from the fold so that the cuts don’t connect and rip the tissue paper in half. You will be creating the tassels in this step.
- Open up the entire sheet and lay it down flat.
- Tightly roll up the sheet of tissue paper to form a small tube.
- Twist the centre of the tube where the paper has been uncut until you can’t twist it tight anymore.
- Wrap the twist around the twine and twist the two ends of the tubes around each other until it is secure on the twine.
- Run your fingers through the tassels as they may have tangled during the last step. Make sure to separate them so that the tassels are nice and fluffy.
- Repeat this process until you have a garland at the length of your choice.
- String it up anywhere in your house and voilà!
[quote_center]Where would you string up your tassel garland?[/quote_center]
Republished by Blog Post Promoter