Lupita N’yongo rose to fame after the release of 12 Years a Slave, in which she had a tragic, smaller role as a slave named Patsey. She won an Academy Award for best supporting actress in the film. She also directed, edited, and produced a documentary entitled In My Genes about 8 people living in Africa with Albinism. Before I give away to many facts about this the ultra-interesting Lupita N’yongo, let’s dive right in!
1) She was born in Mexico. Her parents were in Mexico in political exile at the time of her birth, but were able to return to their homeland of Kenya during their daughter’s childhood.
2) Lupita’s father was part of the Kenyan senate, and her mother was a prominent figure within the Africa Cancer Foundation.
3) After graduating from Hampshire College with a bachelor’s degree in film and theatre studies, she later completed a Master’s degree in acting from Yale School of Drama.
4) She is multi-lingual. Besides her native Luo and English, she also speaks Swahili, Spanish, and Italian.
6) She landed the role in 12 Years a Slave before she even graduated from Yale! Talk about landing a great job after university.
7) Just like us, she is hooked on Orange is the New Black.
8) She was named People’s most beautiful woman in the world!
9) Nyong’o is a Luo, the same tribe as President Barack Obama’s father.
10) She is a fashion icon, whether she wants to be or not!
So tell us:
Are you a Lupita fan?
And if your answer was no:
Can you explain why the heck not!?
Republished by Blog Post Promoter