Plyometrics are the best exercises for the everyday woman. Plyometrics are high intensity, explosive movements that increase strength and endurance while burning fat and toning your legs. Not only do these exercises not require equipment, but they can be done outside of the gym in the comfort of your home, in your hotel room, on the beach, and virtually anywhere you’re comfortable working out. I guarantee after doing your plyometrics, you WILL feel the burn.
Do three sets with a minute break each, three times a week.
1. Start with legs hip width apart and hands either to your side or held in front of you.
2. Keeping weight on the heels, squat downward ensuring that your thighs are parallel to the ground.
3. Push off and powerfully jump upward. Without pausing when you reach the bottom, jump back up.
4. Repeat this movement for a total of 15-20 repetitions.
1. Start with one leg forward, bent at a 90 degree angle while the other leg is back in a lunge position.
2. Push off and land with the opposite leg forward. That’s one rep.
3. Repeat with the other leg for a count of 10 repetitions per leg.
1. Start in a plank position with are arms extended, keeping your spine and hips straight.
2. Quickly alternate bringing your knees to your chest.
3. Repeat this movement for 30 seconds.
1. Start with feet facing forward, double your shoulder width apart.
2. Jump with your leg left out, touching the floor with your right hand. Make sure that you are aligned and do not let your knee bend past your toes.
3. Jump up again, this time switching sides and touching the ground with your left hand.
4. Repeat these movements for a total of 10 repetitions per side.
– It is extremely important to keep your core and glutes engaged while performing these exercises for maximum results.
– Do not let your knees bend past your toes! This is to ensure that you avoid injury or strain.
– As you continue doing this workout, increase repetitions or add light weights to make it more challenging.
What is your favourite leg exercise?
Republished by Blog Post Promoter