Yesterday, one of our writers had to go to a holiday party after work, but with all the hustling and bustling she could not spend an hour on her makeup! She quickly put together a quick and easy makeup tutorial look for the holidays, which involves just 20 minutes of putting everything together. It’s very festive if you want to go for that red-white-green kind of look for Christmas.
(Before & After)
What you will need:
- a flat shader brush
- a round blending brush
- powder brushes for your face
- brush or beauty blender for foundation
And the following makeup:
- Urban Decay 500PT Perk From Sephora
- Vice 3 Palette
- Urban Decay Eyeliner in Perversion
- Hourglass Mineral Primer
- Sephora Foundation in 23 Light
- Makeup Forever Concealer In #7
- Hoola Bronzer
- Mac Diva
- Tarte Lipsurgence in Exposed
- Benefit Cheek Stain In Posie Tint
- Benefit Watt Up
Step 1: Prime & Foundation!
Time: 5 minutes
Start off always with priming your face (in this example, we used the Hourglass face primer). Leave it on for at least 5 minutes for it to settle in. After doing your primer, put on your foundation. She used a beauty blender for this. This should be easy if you do your foundation most of the time anyway.
Get rid of those blemishes and dark circles with a concealer! It starts making a big difference already.
Step 2: Eyeshadow!
Time: 8 minutes
Prime your eyes! This is very important. You do not want your eyes to crease a few hours in. The colors also goes on stronger. Using a very small dab of the Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer, carefully apply on both eyelids.
The actual eyes: We used 1 color from the UD 500PT Eyeshadow Palette and 2 colors from the Vice 3 Palette.
- Start off by spreading a layer of the color of Bust on the main lid. It shouldn’t be too dark, it’s just to accentuate the color following.
- Pack on a bunch of color from Sonic in the Vice 3 palette. Put it all over your lid. It’s fairly well pigmented so it should go on pretty easily.
- Blend out the sonic with a blending brush. Using a small shader brush or an angled brush, draw on the “wings” at the end with dragon.
When you close your eyes, it should look like this! It’s like two leaves (or perhaps two wings).
Step 3: Eyeliner On Your Top Waterline
Time: 2 minutes
Open your eyes and put eyeliner on the top of your lid. Make sure to not put it too thick or else with small creases like hers, you won’t be able to see the color. You can even tightline the waterline.
Step 4: Lip color & Eyebrows
Time: 5 minutes
Choose your favorite shade for your lip. Depending on your complexion, you might prefer a darker shade like Mac’s Diva. If not (and your eyes are already really dark or accentuated), then you should probably go for a pink, or nude color like Tarte’s Lip Surgence (Matte) in Exposed. Don’t forget to do your eyebrows!
Would you do this look? With a dark lippy or a light lippy?
Republished by Blog Post Promoter