Forget leaving your air conditioned home into the hot, hot, heat just for some soft serve. Make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker and with only one ingredient, the ever so lovely potassium filled banana. This ice cream recipe is perfect if you’re lactose intolerant, vegan, gluten intolerant, or just on a strictly no sugar diet!
The One Ingredient Banana Ice cream
- Chop the banana into small, evenly-sized pieces.
- Put the bananas into the freezer safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours or until frozen, or ideally overnight.
- Blend the frozen bananas (a food processor works best) until the texture becomes smooth and creamy like soft serve ice cream.
- Put into a freezer safe container and freeze until solid or eat the ice cream right away!
Mix In Ingredients!
Don’t be afraid to mix in some ingredients into this easy peasy ice cream recipe.
- A spoonful of peanut butter
- A drizzle of honey
- A few almonds
- A handful of chocolate chips (add with peppermint oil for mint chip!)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- A scoop of cookie butter
- A dollop of Nutella
- Tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Frozen fruits
And remember, it never hurts to drizzle on some caramel chocolate sauce.
Try it out and tell us your favorite mix in!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter