One of the best comfort foods is pulled pork. Eaten with corn on cob, as a sandwich, or straight out of the slow cooker (no judgement!), it is savoury, juicy, and delicious. A huge pork shoulder can produce enough pulled pork to last you a whole week. As delicious as pulled pork sandwiches are, you might get sick of them after a full week of eating them! So we’ve rounded up some of the best ways to use your leftover pulled pork for the rest of the week. Read on!
5 Ways to Use Leftover Pulled Pork
1) Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese. Just look at that greasy goodness! This is the ultimate comfort food. Add some green onions for a some flavour and crunch (and so you can say that you ate a vegetable with this meal).
2) Pulled Pork Ragout. This makes for a hearty meal, perfect for fall and winter evenings. Simply add your pulled pork to your favourite tomato sauce recipe (here’s ours), and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes. I like to add frozen peas to the mixture as well. Scoop over your favorite pasta, grate some fresh parmesan cheese over top, and enjoy!
3) Carnitas. Simply add a bit of cumin and a squeeze of fresh lime to your pulled pork, get some soft taco shells, gather your favourite toppings,and garnish with a creamy cilantro dressing (here is our favorite). These are so zesty, delicious, and full of flavour, you won’t even feel like you’re eating the same pulled pork!
4) Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese. Yes, you heard us correctly! The two most amazing comfort foods combined. Creamy, salty, cheesy, and tangy. Hey, we never said these recipes were going to be healthy!
5) Pulled Pork Nachos. I saved my favorite for last! This is also probably the easiest. Just make your traditional nachos with your favorite toppings, and then top it all off with pulled pork!
So tell us:
What is your favorite way to use leftover pulled pork?
Republished by Blog Post Promoter