Summer is here and it’s hotter then ever! When the weather is hot, is there anything better then slurping down a cool, refreshing smoothie for breakfast or an afternoon snack? Whether you are drinking smoothies as a meal replacement to try and lose weight, or just as a great way to get lots of nutrients into your body, these smoothie recipes are our favorites!
Summer Smoothie Recipes
1) This watermelon smoothie by Healthful Pursuit is so refreshing you will want to drink it all day long! Great for the poolside or at family barbecues. It’s great because it is a very light smoothie, so it can be served as an accompaniment to a meal.
2) This papaya smoothie by The Food Network is the perfect way to enjoy papaya. The banana makes it nice and creamy, while the papaya provide a dose of tropical flavor! Add some unsweetened coconut flakes for some extra protein.
3) This summer smoothie by All Recipes is the perfect way to use all the berries and cherries that are in season! Full of anti-oxidants from the berries, creaminess and protein from the banana and yogurt, and a bit of added honey for sweetness. This is my choice for a filling breakfast smoothie.
4) This avocado smoothie by Martha Stewart is my go-to recipe for using up my ripe avocados, which always seem to ripen before I can use them all! Creamy, full of healthy fats, and with the perfect zing from the lemon and ginger. This is the perfect smoothie for a filling afternoon snack.
5) This strawberry mango smoothie is the perfect blend of country fresh and tropical. The two featured fruits compliment each other perfectly. Together they make a smoothie so delicious, you won’t even believe it’s healthy!
So tell us:
What’s your favourite smoothie recipe? Leave us links to your recipe in the comments below!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter