1. Personalized Font
Create fonts in your and their own handwriting so that texting/IMs are more personalized. YourFont is functional across any platform and works with any app! It takes about 15 minutes to load up your handwriting into their template of characters and they allow you to preview your font for free. It won’t hurt your pocket either- priced at $9.95 its a steal if you’re a sucker for personalization but don’t have the time to write out letters!
A scrapbook with postcards from every place you’ve been to and missed their presence. Here are the super easy DIY steps:
- Just buy some poster paper from any stationary store in a colour they like
- Cut them out to whatever dimension you want and super glue/staple them together. If you want something that is more sturdy then take it over to FedEx/Staples and they will spiral bind it for you for less than $5.
- Fill up the cover page with a drawing and their name. Bad at drawing? Don’t worry- just cut up a bunch of pictures and make a simple collage.
- Fill in the first page with why you’re making this and how much you miss them and wish they could be by your side.
- Fill in the pages! Every time you travel make sure you take a picture that is suggestive of you wanting them to be there. Don’t have time? Buy a postcard and stick it in. Make sure a write a short note for each place. You can even add in some ticket stubs and coins (if it is a different country) to make things extra special!
- Send it to them once its all filled up!
Use maps to make cute DIY accessories! You can also cut up a map and draw an image of yourself or put a heart/star for your location, then have it framed within transparent glass. If you don’t have the time to make anything you can buy map mugs or pillows from Etsy and have them personalized.
4. Open When ___ Letters
Open when you’re sad, happy, etc. A host of letters that are a small substitute for when you can’t be reached. You can draw and decorate them – get creative or just keep it simple! You can even fill in the envelopes with other non-perishable items, for example- you can put in a gift card to a spa in a open when you’re stressed envelope!
5. Boyfriend/Girlfriend Pillow
For those cold winter nights or just random snuggle times. You can sprinkle some of your perfume/cologne on it so it even smells like you! You can have it custom made according to your body type and also dress it up in a shirt of yours they really like.
6. Care Package
Assorted chocolates/spa items and a bunch of their favourite things is an awesome idea to make their day! Make sure its personal and is basically a round up of a few of their favourite things.
7. Handwritten Letter
Nothing can replace a personalized hand written note. Draw, write or paint- unleash your creative side or just pen your thoughts. The feeling of getting a handwritten letter in your mailbox from someone who sticks to email is a sweet surprise! This is a great idea for people who want to keep things simple yet personal.
An app just for two people – share your calendar, photos and send virtual hugs and kisses – $1.66/month or $14 a year. You can even download the free version which comes with limited storage from your phone/tablet’s App Store. Avocado is available on iOS/Android and a web interface.
9. Pocket Compass
Inscribe/engrave the front with your favourite quote or something more generic like “love will find the way” or a quote that you both like. You can buy simple compasses off of Amazon and then have them engraved. If that is too much of a hassle, then you can buy, have it engraved and delivered with a personal message all for under $13 online!
10. 3D Print A Miniature You
Nothing can replace you being there but maybe a mini version of you with accurate detailing is a close second! 3D printing instructions are easy to find online and you can have them delivered to their doorstep for around $100. This is a little pricey but will be an object of amazement. TwinKind is a great site if you’re clueless about how to go about it!
Lastly, if you can afford it – send them a plane ticket to come see you. You are, after all, the best gift!
Do you have any other gift ideas for long distance relationships?
Republished by Blog Post Promoter