There’s a saying that goes, “A moment on your lips and forever on your hips!” and is also the primary reason why a lot of people avoid desserts. The sheer amount of calories in one bite of that tiramisu is enough damage to reverse a month of working out. Common heartbreak questions – is there no way to satisfy my sweet craving and not be gaining those pounds? Will I still fit into my clothes if I binge on dessert every day? How can something so delicious be bad for me?
While for the longest time, the answer to those questions stood at NO, there is a way to eat desserts and stay fit! Here is a round up of 6 delicious and easy to make desserts that are around 100 calories and help with weight loss! YES! If you are eating healthy, then these desserts help you keep off the fat. There is no conclusive evidence that fruits make you burn fat but they help you maintain your weight and don’t pound on the calories. Chocolate based recipes make you feel full even if you consume these in small quantities. This will reduce cravings as well as binge eating. Recent studies have indicated that chocolate aids in weight loss. There’s a whole book about it if you’re curious and want to find out more.
1. Baked Peaches
Calories per peach (medium): 100 calories per serving
- 1 medium peach
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Part peaches in half and remove the bone.
- Place peaches on a baking sheet, skin side down.
- Pour half the butter on one side and half on the other side of peach (center where the bone was).
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar in one half and one in the other half of peach.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on both halves.
- Bake until peaches are tender (15-20 min).
- Serve warm.
2. Chocolate Covered Bananas
Calories: 100 per serving
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup of store bought chocolate chips (semisweet or bittersweet)
- 1/4 cup shredded walnuts/almonds (optional)
- 2 wooden Popsicle sticks
- 1 baking sheet lined with parchment
- Peel the banana and cut into two halves.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about a minute
- Dip the cut pieces of banana into the chocolate
- Sprinkle with shredded almonds/walnuts
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment and freeze for 2 hours
3. 100 Calorie Single Serving Brownie
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of apple sauce
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients up.
- Put in microwave for 1-1:15 minutes.
- Put a little bit of powdered sugar on top. (*Optional*)
- Eat it up!
If you want it a little more creamy, add a teaspoon of Nutella. Yes, the calories will go up a bit, but this will knock your socks off, and it’s still healthier than the usual versions
4. Light Chocolate Mousse
Calories: 97 per serving
Ingredients (Makes 3 servings):
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 3/4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup caster sugar(aka. superfine granulated sugar)
- 1/2 pinch cream of tartar
- Combine water and the gelatine in a jug. Whisk with a fork until the gelatine has been dissolved.
- Stir the cocoa into the gelatine mix.
- Set aside to cool for 8 minutes.In a large mixer bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft-peaks form.
- Slowly add the sugar and beat until thick and glossy (beat between slow additions of sugar).
- With the mixer on high speed add the egg yolks (add one at a time).
- Slowly pour the gelatine mix into the egg mixture. Beat constantly until well combined.
- Pour mixture into 3 serving cups and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Dust with some extra cocoa to serve or use some chocolate shavings if desired.
5. Gimme Gimme S’mores Sandwich
Calories: 120 per serving
- 1 sheet (4 crackers) low-fat honey graham crackers
- 1/4 cup fat-free whipped topping, thawed from frozen
- 1 teaspoon mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 miniature marshmallows
- Break graham cracker sheet into two squares. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly stir together whipped topping, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. Don’t over-stir.
- Place one graham cracker square on a plate, and top with whipped-topping mixture. Lightly place the other square on top.
- Freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Store in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
6. Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
Calories: 35 per piece
- 4oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 15 cold strawberries
- In a small bowl, mix together – cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Core the strawberries with a small knife and use a small spoon to stuff in the cream cheese mixture
Tell us some of your favourite low-cal dessert recipes!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter